Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Truth...

Okay, let it be known, we are just boring people right now! There just isn't much to tell about these days....hopefully things will get more exciting soon! Ben has spent literally every waking moment this summer on converting Linden Nursery's newly acquired, SuperBowl- Bowling Alley into Maeser Prep School, a charter school for grades 9-12. And in his spare time...(HA!) he is involved with his calling as YM President. So you can image how much we see each other! Josh and I try to visit Dad at work daily - whether for dinner or just to see the progress on the building. All this work for Ben makes me a "single parent" (as Ben's mom puts it). I was LUCKY enough to have a friend invite me to share a half-day spa retreat with her....her treat! What? Who does that?? I was very grateful that she was so giving- it was a very welcomed 3 hours of rejuvenation and relaxation! Other than that, Josh and I spend lots of time playing, reading , playing some more and cleaning food off the floor! Luckily we know that this crazy schedule will all come to an end soon - classes for the Maeser school are scheduled to start this Thursday, the 23rd. However, I won't bank on him being home early until a few weeks after that, but yes, there is an end in sight. YAY! It has just made me very grateful for Ben's normal schedule and being able to spend time together as a family. This summer will definitely not go down as one of our most exciting summers, no fun trips to tell about and the daily routine is hardly exciting! BUT we can't complain about the goodness of life, family and friends!




1 comment:

Sunshine said...

you have been TAGGED!! Go to my blog to find out what to do.