Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"Brainwashing".....according to Grandma

Josh has been extremely clingy lately - more so than normal, I think we are experiencing the fabulous "separation anxiety" phase. I SO wanted him to be happy and excited to see/meet his Grandma and Grandpa Platt when they came home from their 3 year mission to Brazil. So, I pondered how I could get him to willingly and happily let them hold him. About a month before they came home, I devised a plan of action. I put their picture down low on a shelf that Josh often pulled himself up to. When ever I found him looking at the picture, we would talk about Grandma and Grandpa Platt -where they were and what they were doing there and the best part - that they were coming HOME soon! I told him how much they loved him and were so excited to hug him, he would smile and then crawl away to find the nearest ball! (he has quite the obsession!) I told Ben's mom what I was doing to "prepare" Joshua for their homecoming, she laughed (and maybe cried...) and told me that she hoped the Brainwashing worked!! It always made me smile when I would find him gazing at his Grandparents!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And It WORKED - Thank you, Amber, for caring that your son knows and loves his Platt grantparents.